To achieve the vision the Medway Swale Estuary Partnership has agreed a strategy to:
- Promote a positive relationship between local communities, commerce, agriculture, recreation and conservation
- Acknowledge and manage to mutual benefit the competing demands placed upon the estuary
- Consider issues of key local importance not addressed in other plans and strategies
- Encourage the exchange of information between interested organisations
- Implement a programme to address and resolve those issues raised by people living and working around the estuary
- Provide a framework for business planning to assist with the resolution of agreed issues
- Bridge the gap between the scientific and technical community, and end users.